Thursday, May 29, 2014

Staying in Rodeo del Medio

Hey!
Wooot!!!! Congrats Jordan!!!! That's so awesome about your mission call!!! I know you'll totally love it there! You'll have to email me pics and your weekly updates once you leave! And you guys are going skydiving today? Thats way cool! Don't die. Haha...seriously. And happy end of the school year to everyone!

Haha now I I feel like whatever I could possibly tell you guys will not be nearly as cool as what you guys told me, so with that in mind, here we go:

So with exchanges...I'm staying! Woot, 4th transfer in Rodeo del Medio! I'm glad I'll get to stay and keep training. Plus, I just feel like there's more I need to do here.

We had a fairly good week. It was a little different, we tried changing some things, and we ended up improving in a lot of the things we've been struggling in, but the stuff we normally do good at kind of got way worse....so we just need to find the right balance now. We had some cool experiences though. The one that comes to mind was last thursday. We were going to do a tour of our church with part member family, but they never showed up. But we had already set up the church for the tour, so we wanted to find someone else to invite. My companion made a joke and said we could invite the guy on the other side of the street, who happened to be digging through a giant pile of trash, collecting things and putting them in his backpack. I told him it was a good idea, so we invited him. And he accepted! Way interesting church tour, which ended with him telling us he does cocaine and wants to come to our church with his family. So....yeah, small, weird miracle. Lets see...oh, yesterday was interesting too. We went to work in this neighbor at night. We were wondering why no one was outside, but it turned out there was a soccer game. As soon as it ended, the street got filled with drunk people and fireworks. Haha so that was interesting. But hey, River won!

So, as a verse of the week, I thought of 3 Nephi 18:25. Here, Jesus explains to the Nephites that He had given them the example when He had invited everyone to come closer to Him and to learn that He is the Christ. He then explains that we should also invite others to come and know of Him, and that by doing so, not only will it be a blessing for them, but that it will help us to avoid temptation. I thought it was interesting that sharing the gospel would help you avoid temptation, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Cool stuff.

Lets see, I think thats everything. And yes Dad, I finally managed to get a camera. I'll send some pics after this. No te preocupes. Have a great week! Don't die!

Love

Elder Webster







No comments:

Post a Comment