Monday, May 12, 2014

Another Good Week

Hey,

 It was great to get to talk to you guys on skype yesterday! Haha even though it took us a couple of hours to get a computer here that could do it. I think it was actually going better when I was skyping with that phone but, I guess the video was a nice tough. I suppose. But I'm glad to hear you're all doing well and preparing for a great week! Can't wait to hear about Jordan's mission call!!

 So we had a good week again (of course). Haha maybe someday I'll send an email that says we had a bad week, just to see how it feels. Nah. But seriously, good week this week. We weren't able to get everything done that we were hoping, since we got pretty sick half way through the week, but all-in-all, pretty sweet. There were 8 non-members at church this week which was pretty exciting. They weren't the people we had invited, but hey, everyone needs to go to church! We also met some cool people this week. We got the phone number of the owner of the gas station in our area. He had an iPhone! And spoke pretty good english! We also met a guy from Portugal that is here working as a truck driver between Brazil and Argentina. He had the craziest accent ever, and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying, in fact I think half of it was Portuguese, but hey, we got his phone number! We've also started working with a family of 3 that is way interesting. Pretty much the whole appointment is the dad yelling at us and quoting the bible at us for an hour and a half, while his wife yells at him to stop talking because she wants to listen to us. But, it turns out that they read from the book of mormon between appointments! And they gave us a cake! So we'll see where they go I guess. We also had exchanges this week. Honestly, there is nothing like walking down a dirt street with a Colombian in Argentina while hearing english music blaring from the little houses on either side. I'd love to do this forever.

 So with a verse of the week. Oh yes. I was studying in D&C 76:69-70, 75, and 79. Verses 69 and 70 is talking about those that will go to the celestial kingdom, and it says that they will be "Just men made perfect through Jesus". Verses 75 and 79 talk about the terrestrial kingdom and say that there will be "honorable men...who are not valiant in the testimony of Jesus". As far as I can tell, there isn't a huge difference between a just man and an honorable man, but there is a huge difference between someone that has been perfected through Christ, and someone that is lacking in their testimony of Him. It doesn't say that they won't have a testimony, it just says that they won't be valiant in their testimony. It made me wonder... Am I valiant enough in my testimony of Christ...? Needless to say, I've got some goals and some room for improvement.

 Anyway, it was great getting to talk to you yesterday on skype, and I hope Jordan has a great last week of high school!! Good luck with everything, and I can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment