Monday, February 9, 2015

Yamila's

Hey again!
Sounds like a pretty crazy week back home! I can't believe Jaxon talked you guys into getting another dog. But I guess it makes sense, since you replaced me with a dog when I went to BYU, and now you're replacing Jordan with a dog, now that he's been gone for a little bit :) Haha but I'm glad that you're all doing well!

This week was pretty good. I went on 2 exchanges this week, and the way the timing worked out and with appointments falling through, I didn't get to teach any of our investigators this week, so that was kind of weird. But the exchanges went well and I learned a lot. So that was good. Yamila D and Yamila Q seem like they are both doing well, but all of our appointments with them fell through this past week, so we have plans to pass by both of them today to hopefully get to meet with them. Agustin came to church yesterday again! We called him on saturday night to ask if he'd be at church and he told us that he would be, and told us that he had decided that he wants to get baptized! He came to church and told everyone in our class about his decision, and we set a baptismal date with him as we waited for sacrament meeting to start (we have it during the last hour of church). So he has a date for February 14th. Haha he was pretty excited when we told him he could get baptized on Valentines Day. Hopefully it all works out well. Yamila D also has a baptismal date, but it'll have to get postponed for a bit. But all in all, Elder Olsen and I are very excited for the work in this area for next transfer. Its crazy to think that like 5 weeks ago when I first got here, we had basically nothing. Its been way cool to see the work progress so much here. But we have transfers next week, so we'll see what happens.

So, verse of the week comes from something that a member that I met during exchanges talked about during our visit. 1 Nephi 16:18-23. Nephi's bow was essentially his means for providing for his family, and the member related that to how his truck was how he provided for his family, and that his truck had broken down recently. He then started listing off 6 or 7 blessings he had received that related to him fixing his truck. I have never met someone so happy about getting free screws or getting random discounts on things. It was really a great lesson to me about doing our best, leaving the rest to the Lord, giving thanks for whatever might happen, and always being humble and grateful enough to recognize the things that we are blessed with.

Well, I hope you all are doing great! I hope you have an awesome week!


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment