Monday, February 9, 2015

Transfer Calls

Hey!

Happy Monday everyone! Haha I can't believe you guys got a new dog...but at least its a cute dog, so I guess its ok.

We got transfer calls yesterday! Well, actually, my friends in the office called me a day early to tell me what was happening with transfers...so I feel a little bad that I knew about transfers before I was supposed to, but to be fair, I didn't ask them what was going on...they called me. Anyway, Elder Olsen is leaving to go train someone. He'll be staying in the same zone as we're in right now, which is basically unheard of here, but its pretty cool. He's going to one of the few areas with bikes in the mission. I'm staying here in Dorrego B. I'm not sure who my companion is yet. I'll be finding out on Thursday when we have transfer day. Should be exciting!

This week was pretty good. It was nothing at all like what we had planned, but things turned out pretty good overall. The way our ward is divided (we share the ward with sister missionaries), we don't really have a lot of members that we can visit to work with. So we've kind of been in pure "finding mode" all transfer, since essentially nothing was going on in this area when I got here, and we're still really trying to get things going. There's definitely been progress, but when we dedicate so much time trying to find new people, its a little upsetting if we don't find anyone. But Agustin is still doing great! Turns out his parents got baptized when he was a little kid and he never knew until this past week! He told them that if they can see a change in his life because of him coming to church, then they have to come back to church with him, and they agreed. He was way emotional during our lesson this week when he talked about the changes he's planning on so that his whole family will come to church someday! He's such a great example! Great kid. Haha and did I ever tell you about Margarita? She lives across the street from the church and basically invited herself to church a few weeks ago. We've met with her a couple times. Turns out the house she lives in is a home for older people that have mental conditions...which explains a lot... Anyway, her ability to progress with the lessons is questionable. But her friend that lives in the same house came to church with her this past week and turns out she's a member! She seemed a lot more...capable. Anyway, I taught the gospel principles class and invited everyone to think of something that they could do this week to show Heavenly Father that they would use their agency the way He wants us to, and Margarita's friend told us that she's going to invite everyone from that house they live in to come. Haha we're really hoping to see like 12 people from the special needs home at church next week. We've met a few and they all seem way awesome. haha so we'll see what happens.

So verse of the week comes from Abraham 1:2. It caught my attention and made me think about what it means to endure to the end. A lot of times, the word "endure" means that something can last a long time without changing or getting worse...but that isn't what we mean when we say that we want to "endure to the end". Enduring to the end as disciples of Jesus Christ implies a never ending path of progression. I liked the way it was described in this verse, when Abraham states that, although he was already in the path, he wanted to progress, and attain greater knowledge, and become a more faithful disciple. From what I can tell, that attitude worked out pretty well for him!

Anyway, hope you all have a great week! Sorry for how long this letter is....


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment