Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Grateful For Member Missionaries!

Hey!
Sounds like quite the week that everyone had! Jordan's comp breaking his leg, Dad breaking the truck, Hailey breaking the rules and going on dates even though I told her not to.. Crazy stuff. And I got the stuff everyone sent me! Thanks to the Lawrences, and the fam, and grandma and grandpa! Thanks everyone!

This week was pretty good. A lot different than what we thought it would be, but good. We were blessed with more lessons with members accompanying us during this week than the whole rest of the transfer combined! It makes a huge difference! The members that helped us did a great job! Augustin, a 17 year old guy that we are teaching, came to a youth activity with us, and afterwards he had invited us and his new friends to eat at his house on a different day! A lesson with Yamila 2 with the bishop's family led to her accepting a baptismal date. A church tour with the help of 2 members helped Yamila 1 really start thinking seriously about baptism and what it would be like to be a member of the church. Lots of cool experiences this week with them. And now that basically every investigator we have has at least 1 member friend, it will be way easier to keep having lessons like that. Its amazing how crucial it is to be able to work with members! I also got to go on exchanges this past week to the area Guaymallen with Elder Shields. We got to teach a way cool lesson together. We walked in planning on talking about one thing, but half-way through, I had the thought of sharing something else, and as soon as I had that thought, I looked to him and realized he was opening to the exact scripture I had been thinking of. Funny how things work sometimes :)

So, a scripture I was thinking a lot about was Alma 31:31. In fact, thats the scripture from the story with Elder Shields during the exchange. In that verse, they were faced with some trials and problems, but what caught my attention (and Elder Shields' attention), was that when faced with adversity, they didn't pray for the problem to be taken away. They prayed for patience, to be able to deal with the situation. I feel like there is a lot I could say about that...but...I'll just let you think about it. Its way cool. I love asking "why?" when I think about the things that happen in the Book of Mormon. Its a pretty helpful question to apply to everyday life too, as long as we don't use it as a way to complain, rather, as a way to learn.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing good! I would have loved to say more, but I'm kind of low on time today :( But I hope you all have a great week! Keep being great!

Elder Webster


Praying for Yamila Q, Yamila D, and Augustin would be great :) Those are some of our main focues right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment