Monday, February 9, 2015

Companion Guidance

Hey,

Sounds like a way interesting week this week. Bishop Nokelby will definitely be missed. Thats nice that you got to spend some time at Temple Square, with Bart and Nan, and in Las Vegas. My companion from the offices lives in Las Vegas and just got home in December, that would have been way cool if you could have met him. Haha but thats cool that you got to meet Elder Miller's mom! (the one from Idaho). He finished his mission training a new missionary, and that missionary is in my zone now! Small world.

This week was pretty good. We're trying to find things we can do to work more effectively. The mission is putting a big emphasis on working with less active members that have the priesthood (males) or have gone to the temple (females). We were way excited to start focusing on that, but we finally got the list of people that fit those requirements in our ward, and basically 99% of them in our ward live on the sister's side....So looks like we might have to find a different way to work with the ward.

But we did have some way cool experiences this week. We had a talk with our friends Agustin and Facundo about the word of wisdom, and they both accepted to live it! So we're way excited to get to help them with that. We also had a meeting with an Area 70 this week. One thing he said was a comment about using the Book of Mormon to find new investigators. He didn't actually talk about that topic, it was just a comment he made, but the day after, I found myself knocking at a door, and that comment popped into my head, so I decided to try it. A lady answered the door and I told her about how we were sharing a free book that talked about Heavenly Father's communication with the ancient americas, about Jesus Christ, and about the importance of the family. I asked if we could bring her a copy of that book sometime. She asked if we had a copy with us, because she didn't want to wait for us to come back to be able to start reading it! We have plans to go by and visit her tonight, so hopefully everything works out well. Also today, I get to write a "report" for the Historian of the mission. I guess he's supposed to do a year-end report of things that happened in the mission in 2014, and he wants me to write a summary about what it was like to be there in Rodeo del Medio when they dedicated the new chapel there last year, and how it impacted the ward and the work there. So I'm pretty excited to write that (haha...we'll see how my "report-writing" skills are in spanish)

So, verse of the week is something Elder Gonzalez shared with us (the Area 70). D&C 6:18-19. He shared that with us and talked about how it was guidance to the one of the first "companionships" in the restored church, Oliver Cowdery and Joseph Smith, and how it has good advice for both missionary companionships and "marriage companionships". I liked it. It talks about helping each other to get better, and also using a lot of christlike attributes. Things we could all improve on.
Well, thanks for everything! I hope you all have another great week! Don't go on too many vacations without me!!


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment