Monday, February 24, 2014

HEY!

HEY! (all-caps, thats a fun twist on things)
  Thanks for the emails! It sounds like there's a lot of exciting stuff happening over there! Dad, thats way awesome that your friends are getting baptized! Kind of wish I could see that! And sure, I could do with some mexican recipes. And good job Mom, sharing that website with someone!! We've been handing out cards with stuff about the church websites but...I feel like most people don't have computers so I'm not really sure how effective it is, but whatever. And congrats to Jordan with BYUI!! Way sick. Can't wait to hear what the other colleges say!

 So this week was probably not the most productive week ever, but it was good. We spent a lot of time trying to go contact some references we've gotten and some people we had talked to in the street but... I can't even count how many times we got lost this week, and we never ended up finding most of those people, so, kind of accidentally wasted quite a bit of time with that. But, the baptism that got postponed happened this week! We were worried it was going to rain again, so we put the font in the kitchen of the house we meet in and then spent most of the day boiling water and putting it in there so it would be warm...which took forever and didn't work but...hey, its the fact that she got baptized thats important. Her name is Mariné. She has 2 older siblings that were baptized in the past year, and it was actually her older brother that baptized her, which was way cool.

 In other news, we got transfers last night. Elder Kahmann and I are going to be together for one more transfer here in Rodeo del Medio. It should be good, and we're both excited because the chapel that's getting built is supposed to be finished in a couple of weeks, so we'll both get to be there for that! Mom, you asked about how things were going as far as obedience with members and finding people to teach. The members are getting a bit better about it... I think the problem is that it turns out that they do know the rules and just aren't really worried about that...but its getting better. And as far as finding people....well, lets just say we're really happy that the members all want to invite their friends to come see the new chapel, because we're slowly running out of investigators. But, its good.

Verse of the week, I like Jacob 6:12. Simple and to the point. What caught my attention is the translation in spanish. The english one says to be wise, and the one in spanish could technically mean that too, but it sort of says to be careful or cautious. The two verses have the same idea, but I just thought it was cool that they translated "wise" to the word "prudente" (prudent, cautious, careful) instead of "sabio" (wise). I don't know, it just caught my attention this week.

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing awesome and have a great week! I love hearing from you guys!

Love

Elder Webster

PS I realized that I hadn't told you guys some of the random fun stuff thats been happening, so I thought I'd just send you some random stuff.

1-I got peed on by a dog 2 weeks ago...yup. I was just standing there talking to this lady when a random dog walks up and...yeah. I HATE DOGS.

2-I got another one of the curses, sort of. Bit by a dog. It didn't technically bite me but...it went crazy at me and ripped my pants. Don't worry, the pants are all fine now but...I HATE DOGS.

3-I got to ride in a semi truck the other day. It was during the rain storm and the guy we were teaching offered us a ride after the lesson...and he had a semi. So that was sick.

4-I ate a chicken heart for lunch the other day. Not sure why it was there. We were having spaghetti and chicken and for some reason there was a heart on my plate (my comanion didn't have one). I guess technically I don't know if it was a chicken heart but... definitely a heart from something. That family just gives us food and then leaves us alone to eat by ourselves, and I couldn't help cutting it open and showing my companion how it worked before eating it. Not going to lie, it tasted pretty good.

So yeah. Fun stuff. I feel like random fun things happen every day, but those are the ones that are coming to mind today. But yeah, have a fun week! And don't get peed on by a dog!


this is some people in our ward at Mariné's baptism, standing in front of our little church. Mariné is the girl in white, her brother Josía (not sure how to spell his name) is the guy in white, the legendary JuanP is the one in blue next to Josía. Samuel (the one that baptized Sol a few weeks ago, is the one standing behind Mariné). The people on the far right is JuanP's family, and the rest of the people are...members...who's names I can not remember.........oops


New chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment