Sunday, June 22, 2014

Transferred

Hey!
  It sounds like you all had a way awesome week!!! Thats so exciting about Jordan getting to go through the temple, and Derek's talk!! I would have loved to been there. And I hope Jaxon and Hailey have fun on their adventures this week! Haha and yes, the world cup is awesome...and terrible at the same time. If I didn't love soccer so much, I'd be mad at the world cup. We got a schedule of all the games so that we know when to expect people to not want to talk to us and when we have to make a ton of back up plans.

  So we got the transfer calls last night. I'll be going to be companions with Elder Evans. It should be kind of fun, he was actually with me in the MTC, so it'll be nice to catch up with him. I'm really going to miss Rodeo del Medio though. I love this place so much, and the people and friends I have here are amazing. I'm never going to forget this place. I'm more than a little hesitant about leaving...but I know that I need to go. I don't really have a new area, I'm going to be an office missionary.

  We had an interesting week. A little long, but good. We basically devoted a ton of time to trying to find new people to start teaching. It turns out, if you go out into the middle of absolute nowhere, people are surprised enough to see two gringos at their doorstep that they'll usually give you at least a couple more seconds of attention than normal. It also turns out, that running from dogs still isn't very fun, even when you're in the middle of nowhere. Ok, thats a lie, it was kind of fun. Haha, and one of the times after running from a bunch of dogs, we talked to this girl in the street that had seen us running. We explained who we were and she said "Well, I'm on my way somewhere right now, but my mom is home. Our house is that one over there. Our dog is tied up". Haha I think she might have been the first person that seemed to care when the gringos got chased by dogs. But I have no idea how the whole scenario happened without her laughing out loud at all. So, that was cool. Like always, we want to be teaching more people, but we made a start.

   So, the verse of the week is something I was thinking about this morning. 2 Kings 5:9-14, from the Old Testament. Its the story of Naaman going to the prophet Elisha. Naaman was a leper and was seeking help. Naaman was told to go wash in the Jordan river 7 times, but he wasn't exactly very pleased with that guidance. He complained that Elisha hadn't come out and performed a great miracle, and said that he could have at least told him to go wash in a better river. However, Naaman eventually did what he was told, and was healed. It makes me think about how often, we hope to be asked to go do something great or difficult, but we don't actually find the results we want until we humble ourselves and do the little things. Sometimes in the mission, we think we need to do something crazy, new or original, or we hope to get sent to the "best" place, but success comes from doing the simple things first. From going where we are told to, and doing what we need to do.

  And yeah. I hope you all have a great week! I hope Jordan has a great last few days before going to the MTC! The same goes for Skyeler! And Derek too! And Fischer! And everyone! And on a totally seperate note, I hope the US doesn't lose their games too bad :) and that Argentina wins the world cup! Have a great week everyone!!


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment