Monday, May 25, 2015

Transfers, Not Transfered

Hey!
Haha sounds like a pretty good week for everyone! And it sounds like this upcoming week is going to be kind of crazy, hopefully everything goes well! Happy Early Birthday to Jaxon and Dad! Haha I feel like my week was a little bit like your week back home. It was good, but I'm not really sure what to say about it or even what actually happened. It was just....good!

We got transfer calls yesterday and it looks like I'll be staying here with Elder Cook again. It should be good. I've been learning a lot from him and from the members, so I guess its a blessing to get to keep working with all of them.

This week we...well...I'm not really sure what we did. We've been working a lot with the members in an effort to help them with the new ward mission plan and to find new investigators. They all seem really willing to help and many of them have specific friends that they want to share the gospel with. So I guess the good news is that several members are working a lot with their friends, and the bad news is that none of them have gotten to the phase yet where we have actually gotten to meet their friends. So for know I guess its just patience and motivating them to set up the appointments that they keep telling us that they want to set up.

So, verse of the week is something that really jumped out to me as I read Alma 19:12-13 this week. The missionary, Ammon, had been teaching King Lamoni about, well, everything. At the beginning of the teaching process, the King didn't have much of an understanding of God or of Christ, or their plan for him. The king's words in verses 12 and 13 reveal the depth of his conversion to what he learned. Not only did he say that he had seen the Redeemer of the world, but he said that he had seen his Redeemer. His relationship with Christ had become personal, and his life had changed forever. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know and love us personally--but now I have an even greater desire to come to love and know them personally as well. As I come to learn more of them and build an ever-more personal relationship with them, I find greater and deeper meaning in what Christ meant when he said that "this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (I think thats how it is in english...John 17:3).

I hope you all have a great week, especially with all your plans this weekend! Again, happy birthday Dad and Jaxon!

Love

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment