Monday, May 25, 2015

Cordoba Temple Dedication

Hey!

Sounds like you all had a fun week! Sorry about the rain at the father/son campout, but I'm glad everything worked out. Its hard to believe that school is ending (ended?). And yup, don't worry mom, alfajores are definitely on my list as something to bring back. I'll probably try to see if I can bring some mate also. You'll probably hate mate but...hey...everyone has to try it once. Kind of..

Again, sorry for not really saying anything last week. We went on a hike up Cerro Arco as a district, and it took longer than we thought. The member that brought us said we could get back by 4, but that wasn't really the case. Not that anything really went wrong, I guess our district just don't hike very fast...haha..not to point fingers at anyone :) Anyway, pretty cool week here in Dorrego. On wednesday, our whole district took a double-decker bus at 6am to go on a 2 1/2 hour drive up into the Andes to get to a place called Uspallata, part of our district. The branch president there asked the mission president to send us up to give them a "boost" for a day. So I'm pretty sure that between the whole district, we talked to almost all of Uspallata. Super beautiful place! We found a lot of receptive people and the sisters that are assigned to that area were way grateful for the help.

Yesterday was also a way special day. We got to watch the dedication of the new temple in Córdoba Argentina. Its been a long time since I've gotten to see a temple. It was a way special experience. I would definitely like to make the temple a more important part of my life in the future. I read a quote in a booklet about preparing to go to the temple, that basically said that, while we can organize stakes, wards, branches, relief societies, quorums in any building or location, the Lord has told us that the only place where we can organize eternal families is in the temple. Kind of cool to think about.

Verse of the week. So, I've been thinking lately about how the Lord commands us to seek wisdom and learning, but that there are also many prophecies and curses that are to fall upon the "wise and learned". I really like how James talked about 2 different types of wisdom in James3:13-17. In my opinion, I think that those who seek to be humble will find more wisdom than those who seek to be wise. Perhaps thats why in Matthew 11:29, when Christ said to learn of Him, He specifically mentioned learning from His meekness and humility, rather than trying to learn from something else (like His wisdom and knowledge, which He also had, but didn't mention). I guess it all is just summed up pretty plainly in 2 Nephi 9:28-29, but yeah, thats what I've been thinking about lately.

Well I hope you are all doing well! I hope you all have a great week!


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment