Monday, May 25, 2015

Quite The Blessings

Hey!

Sounds like quite the week! Sounds like the wedding went well! I hope mom is okay!

This week was pretty good. On Wednesday the district came to our area to do an activity where we all went out to basically talk to as many people as possible to find more people to teach. We even had the participation of some youth from the ward, so that was way cool. It was way cool and nice of all them to come help us out like that. We spent most of the rest of the week trying to go back and meet all of the people that they told us about. Most of them weren't home when we went by, but we have an appointment tomorrow with someone that they met that basically told us that she would have been baptized years ago, but that she was too young when her family got baptized and then somehow she never got around to it...? Hopefully we can keep finding lots of new people!

We also got a cool new investigator this week. We went to a house looking for a past investigator, but...it turns out he's been in  jail for the last year. But it also turns out that his mom/aunt (I'm not really sure how they are related) is way receptive and invited us to come by some time. We went by with a member and it went super well. Her name is América. Hopefully she's able to keep progressing.

I also got to do a baptismal interview this past week which went way well. The investigator is crippled and we did it while he was on his bed, but it went way well. It was great getting to hear his testimony. The whole time I was just thinking about what a blessing it was that I got to be the one to get to talk to him right before he did something so important. Not to mention, who would have thought that I would ever be able to have a deep and spiritual conversation with someone who grew up in La Paz, Bolivia? Quite the blessing. And the zone leaders asked me to go to some interviews of a family tomorrow, so I think I'll be doing 5 or 6 interviews tomorrow. Pretty excited.

As a verse of the week, its something that caught my attention in Omni 1:2. (Haha hopefully my good friend Omni doesn't take any offense from this--He sounds like a way better guy than me). But in that verse he acknowledged his wickedness and his sins. What caught my attention was that he made no mention of any repentance or intent to repent (again, no offense Omni, I'm sure you are all good now). But it made me think a lot about the difference between the recognition of sin, and repenting of that sin. Recognition is an essential first step, but I've met a lot of people who seem to think that if they just confess their sin, its all done and they are safe. They tell me that they are imperfect, but when I tell them how to be perfected, they don't seem to be interested. I really like the simple and straightforward explanation of repentance given in D&C 58:42-43.

I hope you all have a great week! Haha I sure hope I do :) You're all the best! Thanks for the support and love you always give me.

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment