Monday, September 22, 2014

Audit, Christofferson, and 28 New Missionaries

Hey y'all

Sounds like there were a lot of updates! Pretty cool stuff. At the rate everyone is growing up, Jaxon might even be potty-trained by the time I get home! :) (hahahahahaha sorry, that was mean, you should probably not put that on the blog...). Its crazy how much goes on back there!

We had a pretty busy week in the office yet again. This week was my first time going to the airport since I first got to Argentina, but I ended up having to go there 3 times this week. 2 of the times were to pick up/drop off someone that works in the church area office in Buenos Aires. He came to do a training meeting with me and the president about budget stuff, and then he spent about 5 or 6 hours with me doing an audit. So that was great. Haha I guess there aren't many 20 year olds that have had to go through an audit in a foreign language. But I learned a lot of good stuff from him...plus he took me to lunch and bought me ice cream afterward so...totally worth it. Haha and he told me all about the new iPhone 6 Plus. I guess he's thinking about getting one...haha the people I meet working in the office are very different than the ones I met when I just talked to people out in fields. Oh, and on an unrelated note, I found out that Elder Christofferson is going to be coming to our mission in November, so that should be way cool. Everyone in the office is pretty excited about it (I'm not sure the rest of the mission knows yet or not...but I'm sure they'd be excited if they knew also..).

We've also been way busy this week trying to get everything ready for transfers next week. At first we were planning on receiving around 28 missionaries, but it looks like some are visa-waiting, and now no one is quite sure how many are coming, so thats making things a little difficult. Oh and this week we sent a bunch of missionaries to Chile and back for visa stuff. We actually ended up working it out with 2 other missions to all go together, so it was interesting getting to work with them.

Well other than that, not a lot of news this week. I've literally had to stay working at the office until around 9:30 every night, so I haven't been able to go visit those teenagers in the plaza for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to go take some new missionaries next week to go meet them. We'll see.

As a verse of the week, I was thinking of something I read in Alma 46:12,19-21. There was one phrase that caught my attention, but you kind of need all the verses to set it up. Verses 12, 19, and 20 explain that Captain Moroni set up a sort of flag as a symbol of their purpose in going to battle, which was to protect their families and religion. He shows it to the people and essentially asks them to come forward if they supported it and where willing to fight to protect those things. The phrase I like was in verse 21, when it says that "the people came running" in support of such a cause. It kind of makes me think of the things that we are often expected or asked to stand up for or to do-to be an example or to stand strong in our beliefs. Sometimes we might hesitate or feel that it is a burden. The people in this verse didn't think like that. They literally came forward, running, to be able to support such a cause. I think we could all (at least I can) learn a little from their strong desire to go forth and do what they had to do, in the moment that it was asked of them.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week. I hope I don't get any news about Hailey wrecking the car :) Keep being awesome.


Elder Webster



The people that came to family home evening, wearing their "armor of God"


Elder Smith and I taking a break after some hard work of "organizing" a bunch of boxes that showed up at the office this week (we finally got some materials we've been waiting on forever...and now the office is flooded with cardboard boxes).


And our finished soccer court!

No comments:

Post a Comment