Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Weekly Update Number 982635876...or something like that, I lost track

Hey!
I still can't believe you're all going back to school already! And that kind of stinks dad, about having to work so far away...

And mom asked a lot of questions so... 1)Mom, you know I'm a thug:) 2) Yeah I've worn that to the bank, but I switch it up every time. Usually I just go in jeans and a random shirt. Its kind of weird going out like that. Its not a SUPER sketchy part of town, but, missionaries were robbed like 6 blocks from there a few weeks ago, so, just in case. Most missionaries don't have to change clothes, but since I pull out a whole lot more money than most missionaries, they don't want people seeing me because then they might think that all missionaries carry lots of money and then they'll be more likely to rob them. 3) Yeah it'll be easier when he can sign checks. He's gone a lot, but the main problem is that he's not on the mission bank account yet, and they can't put him on until he gets a bunch of paper work down. I think they're almost done with all that now. I hope.

This week has been pretty good. We're doing a lot of preparations for transfer week next week, especially since 32 new missionaries are coming, so we have to do a lot of planning for all of them and we're all going to be way busy next week. Haha game day for the offices. And I also spent a lot of time helping some missionaries move to a new pench...they had to do kind of an emergency move because the cops found like 7 women that had been kidnapped, trapped in one of the rooms of their little apartment complex thing....so we got them a new place. But on the more happy side... guess what happened this week! We set a baptismal date with someone!! We received an amazing reference from the sister missionaries in our ward. They had started teaching Johnny the week before, but it turned out he lived in our area, so they set up a lesson for us. He's amazing. He's so well prepared, and he even walks to the church right next to the offices so that we can teach him. He committed to get baptized, committed to live the word of wisdom, and is really doing everything he can. We met with him Tuesday and Thursday. On Thursday, he told us that he had had a dream the night before about him getting baptized. He wasn't sure if it was an answer to his prayer or because he had stayed up late reading the pamphlet we gave him, but he really wants to. I'm not sure if he'll be ready by his baptismal date (next week), but I'm positive he'll get baptized. It'll be like the first baptism in the offices since like...ever. So we're all way excited for that.

So as a verse of the week, I was thinking of 2 Nephi 16:11. Nephi is quoting chapters from Isaiah, and at the beginning of the chapter, Isaiah is called to preach and prophesy. In verse 11, he asks the Lord a question... "Lord, how long?". I love what the Lord said in response, "Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate...." The thing that I was thinking is that, obviously, that time hasn't come yet, and so the Lord's call to Isaiah is still in effect. Meaning that his efforts were to extend and affect those that he didn't even meet during his life. We too can affect more people than we may ever know. A calling to serve in an Elders quorum doesn't mean that you will only be helping the members of that quorum, for that period of time, and the same goes for every calling we have. But hey, it was Isaiah writing, so for all I know, I understood that totally wrong. But, hey, good message either way.

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Good luck in California Elder Webster II!


Elder Webster

I don't know mom, I'm pretty sure I look way thug. This is right before we went to the bank to pull out $40,000 pesos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment