Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Following (And Not Following) Promptings

Hola,
Haha looks like you guys had a way fun Thanksgiving!! Haha I love that picture with Jordan, Hailey, and Jaxon posing like models or something. You guys are crazy!  Glad to hear you had a fun time with the Lawrences (including TAYLEE). Haha and I'm glad Dad finally got to see Duck Dynasty. It seems like a show he'd like, haha I loved watching that. And thanks for sending a package! I have no idea how that all works still but I guess I'll have to let you know.

So this week has been pretty good. It was a bit slow, because one of the Elders that lives in our pench ends his mission today, so all last week their companionship didn't do much because they had to do a lot of last minute stuff for him... and my companion was sort of getting easily distracted. It was weird seeing someone ending their mission though, that doesn't even seem possible. We went shopping with him today for some more gifts/souvenirs. And Dad you asked if I wanted money to buy stuff like that, but as much as I'd like to, I feel like thats something that can wait a bit. No need to carry a ton of souvenirs with me for 2 years when I have such little space as it is. But thank you!

So this week we had some interesting experiences with the Nuñez family. They are new investigators we met 2 or 3 weeks ago, but they're never home. We went by monday night and got inside, but the woman there was way mad at us for some reason and yelled at her dad ( the grandpa of the family) to kick us out... so naturally we came back the next day! We got in and taught them and all went well, and returned again later in the week. Its like she doesn't even remember that she hated us. So thats cool. We also learned an important lesson about always following the spirit, and how the Lord will never let you do something stupid without warning you. Unfortunately, we also learned that if you don't follow the warning, the Lord will let you do the stupid thing. We had more then one example this week, but one of them involves my companion receiving a prompting to put our cell phone in his sock while we were on a bus after he had sent a text to someone. He put it in his pocket instead. We got off the bus and now... our phone is gone. So...weird story about daily inspiration I guess.

Oh and Thanksgiving. Our lunch actually cancelled that day...but we ended up having dinner with a member, which is kind of rare/cool. We had chicken nuggets and salad. Not going to lie, way more delicious than it sounds. I think tomorrow the american family is going to try to make it up for us and give us thanksgiving...I think. Not totally sure about that.

Oh yeah, transfers. My companion is leaving to go serve in San Luis, and I'll be getting a new comp here in Mayor Drummond in a couple days. His name is Elder Fullmer. I definitely don't feel ready to teach someone the area but...here goes nothing I guess. The other Elder in our pench is getting a new comp too (since his is going home). His new comp is from Columbia. Should be a fun transfer.

Verse of the week: Romans 5:19. I was studying obedience the other day and found this scripture. I know I read this verse a little while ago, and I almost used it as a verse of the week but I don't think I did... I hope. But I really like it, how the obedience of ONE can help many others become righteous. We each have that individual responsibility to be obedient.

So yup, I think thats everything. I hope you guys have another awesome week! When is winter break? Oh you asked about Christmas. Christmas eve is bigger than christmas here I think. Not a lot of decorations, but I hear there will be tons of fireworks and drinking. Sounds fun! Haha!

Anyway, have a great week, keep being awesome, love you guys!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment