Monday, December 16, 2013

Diligence

Hey!
Sorry for kind of worrying you guys about me being sick. I'm totally fine now, the whole thing passed after a day or two. I hope you didn't worry too much. And thanks mom for that quote, Ireally like it. And thanks Dad for that scripture. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be there. Its kind of weird, but something about being on the mission makes me think about the second coming more often, and I ask that same question about that. And good luck on your talk!!

This was kind of a crazy week. We decided to really start trying to focus more on the less-actives in the ward, which wasn't too hard to decide since our ward list has like 500 people and only about 40 people come to church. So we've been spending most of the week working with them, and a couple of them came to church this week, which was way cool. Haha and I set a baptismal date with one, so hopefully that will turn out. Haha we just knocked on the door and the mother and little daughter answered. We talked for a bit and the mom said they couldn't really talk to us right then, so then I turned to the little girl and just straight up asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she said yes, so then I told her when we wanted to help her get baptized, and then looked at the mom and told her we'd be back to help them prepare. Haha so that was cool, we'll see how that goes. This sunday was also the primary program, which was fun. Its funny how it seems like no matter where you are in the world, people are basically exactly the same. I had noticed it before but it was super evident with the primary program. The parents trying to help out, the primary president stressing out...haha good stuff.

And yeah, I guess I didn't really say anything about my new comp Elder Fullmer. He's from Washington and has about 10 months in the mission, 6 of which were in Argentina, and before that he was waiting for his visa in Ogden, Utah. This is also his first transfer as district leader, so he keeps asking me what to do and what other district leaders did, since I've been the comp of the district leader basically my entire mission...but I don't think I've been much help. Its a bit of a weird change from last transfer just because Elder Jones loved to constantly be talking and Fullmer is more...like me. So we have some long, quiet walks sometimes. Haha but its good, figuring things out as we go along. I think I told you guys before, but we also live with the zone leaders, and one of them is new this transfer too. He's from Colombia and he's pretty cool. He really wants to learn english so we've been helping with that. Haha he drew me a picture this morning and it looks way cool. I asked him where he learned to draw, and he said he couldn't draw at all before his mission but he started to do it whenever he was super stressed and now... he's amazing. Haha so I guess thats one good thing that comes from the stress here.

So, as a verse of the week, I was thinking of DyC 103:36. It talks about how all victory and glory is gained through diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith. Way sick. And that section is talking about Zion's Camp, which I was reading a bit about the other day in the book "Our Heritage," and it talks about how crazy difficult Zion's Camp was but that from it came 4 future prophets and basically all the general authorities of the church for a long time. Kind of got me thinking about the diffirent types of victory and glory we can be looking for. I'm sure that at the time they thought it was a failure, but if we're really here to learn and progress, then it could possibly be considered one of the greatest successes of their lives. Interesting stuff.

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well and are getting stoked for Christmas! The kids here just got out for summer vacation, which was a little weird. But hopefully you guys are enjoying your Arizona winter and everything! Have a great week!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Webster

 View from the pench


Our awesome pench window

No comments:

Post a Comment