Monday, April 6, 2015

Great Conference

Hey!
Wow sounds like you had a way fun conference weekend! I'm glad everyone is doing well!

Everything is going well here. We got to visit with some of the investigators that have been hard to find at home lately. We met with Fabian a few times, and the good news is that he always reads and tries to fulfill any commitments that we leave with him. The bad news is that now we are pretty sure that half the reason he is meeting with us is because he wants to convince us that we are wrong...he's never very direct about it, but he told us that he meets with people of other religions to try to change them...long story short, we have a lesson with him tonight that will probably help us decide if we are going to keep visiting him. We hate the idea of stopping to visit him, but we can't help him if he doesn't want to be helped.. This week I also got to have several very spiritual experiences, which was way inspiring. I can't really write them all here but I'm definitely ready to improve as much as I can in the time that I have left.

Getting to watch general conference was way great. We went to the stake center to watch it there, in english. I enjoyed it a lot, but the greatest blessings of conference definitely come afterward--time to study and apply all the things that they said. Haha I'm not sure I'll be able to put it all into practice before we have the next conference but..baby-steps I guess.

Verse of the week was a hard choice week, there were several that stood out to me way strongly this week. I eventually decided on 1 John 4:19, which in english probably says something like "We love Him because He loved us first". Long story short, I started studying the Christ-like attribute of love this week, and I came across this scripture. It stuck out to me a lot, especially when I remembered that we are commanded to love others as He has loved us (John 13:34). He loved those that didn't know Him and rejected Him. He served those who didn't want His service. He truly loved us first. And now, not only do we have the task of loving Him back, but if we are to love others the way He loved us, we must find a way to love others first. Loving someone first requires that we actively look for that opportunity, and those opportunities are a little more difficult to recognize.

Anyway, I'm glad you all had a great week! I hope you have yet another good week and that everything goes well with all the things you have planned for this week! Everything is good here.


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment